Having a healthy website will improve the reputation it has with Google. What is a healthy website?
Check your site for the following, and take the necessary steps to make the improvements needed to raise your online visibility.
- Check and fix broken links
- Investigate slow loading pages
- Limit your title tags to 65 characters
- Don’t use duplicate title tags
- Write unique meta descriptions for each page
- Update pages with W3C HTML and CSS errors and warnings
- Check position on Dmoz and Page Rank
Of course, quality content and relevant backlinks are also crucial to a healthy website.
There are free tools that can help you get the bottom of the health of your website – these are just three to check out: